R&D Scopes: Mesoscale meteorological and Air Quality Modelling; Boundary layer processes; Land-air interaction; Sever weather
Address: 320 Donggang West Road, Lanzhou, Gansu, China
2008 – Present: Professor, Key Laboratory of Land Surface Process & Climate Change in Cold & Arid Regions, Cold & Arid Regions Environmental & Engineering Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Sciences
2004 – 2007: Research Fellow, Center for Atmospheric and Instrumentation Research, University of Hertfordshire, U.K.
2000 – 2004: PhD, School of Geography, Earth and Environmental Sciences, University of Birmingham, U.K., Geography and Environmental Sciences
1997 – 1999: MSc, Cold and Arid Regions Environmental and Engineering Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Atmospheric physics and Atmospheric environment.
1996 – 2000: Research Assistant, Lanzhou Institute of Plateau Atmospheric Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences.
1992 – 1996: BSc, Department of Atmospheric Science, Lanzhou University, Atmospheric Physics & Atmospheric Environment
1. 2016.1-2019.12, Observation and numerical simulation of the effect of soil moisture on boundary layer structure and convection initiation over Losses plateau, Eastern Gansu，funded by National Natural Science Foundation of China, Principal investigator.
2. 2014.7-2018.12, 973 Project“Dynamic-microphysical-electric process and disaster-generating mechanism of disaster weather system” the 4th section: “The charge distribution in thundercloud and the mechanism of discharge in disaster weather systems”,Principal investigator.
3. 2013.1-2017.12, 973 Project “Response of desertification over Tibet Plateau to climate change”, the 4th section: Mechanism of desertification response to climate change over Tibet Plateau. Participator.
4. 2012.1-2015.12, Observation and Numerical Study on Water and Energy Exchange in Losses Plateau, funded by National Natural Science Foundation of China, Principal investigator.
5. 2009.1-2012.12, Air pollution mechanics and control strategy in Lanzhou, “Hundred Talent” program granted by the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Principal Investigator
6. 2007.1-2009.12, Impact of distant and local sources on air pollution in Lanzhou, funded by Cold and Arid Regions Environmental and Engineering Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Sciences. Principal Investigator.
1) BoWang, Dunsheng Xia, Ye Yu, et al., 2018, Source Apportionment of Soil-Contamination in Baotou City (North China) Based on a Combined Magnetic and Geochemical Approach.Science of the Total Environment, 642: 95–104.
2)Suping Zhao, Ye Yu, Daiying Yin et al., 2018, Two Winter Pm2.5 Pollution Types and The Causes In The City Clusters of Sichuan Basin, Western China. The Science of the Total Environment, 636: 1228–1240.
3)Suping Zhao, Ye Yu, Daiying Yin et al., 2018, Spatial Patterns and Temporal Variations of Six Criteria Air Pollutants During 2015 To 2017 in the City Clusters of Sichuan Basin, China. Science of The Total Environment, 624: 540–557.
4)Suping Zhao, Ye Yu, Dahe Qin. 2018, From Highly Polluted Inland City of China To "Lanzhou Blue": The Air-Pollution Characteristics. Sciences in Cold and Arid Regions, 10(1): 0012–0026.
5)Suping Zhao, Ye Yu, Dahe Qin. 2017, Assessment of Long-Term and Large-Scale Even-Odd License Plate Controlled Plan Effects on Urban Air Quality and Its Implication. Atmospheric Environment, 170:82-95.
6) J. J. He, Y. Yu* , L. J. Yu, et al., 2017, Impacts of uncertainty in land surface information on simulated surface temperature and precipitation over China. Int. J. Climatol., 37:829–847.
7) *Ye Yu, Suping Zhao, Bo Wang, et al., 2017, Pollution Characteristics Revealed by Size Distribution Properties of Aerosol Particles at Urban and Suburban Sites, Northwest China. Aerosol and Air Quality Research, 17: 1784–1797.
8) Suping Zhao, Ye Yu*, 2017, Effect of Short-Term Regional Traffic Restriction on Urban Submicron Particulate Pollution.Journal of Environmental Sciences, 55:86-99.
9) Suping Zhao, Ye Yu, Daiying Yin et al., 2017, Effective Density of Submicron Aerosol Particles in A Typical Valley City, Western China.Aerosol And Air Quality Research, 17:1–13.
10) *Ye Yu, Jianjun He, Suping Zhao, et al., 2016, Numerical simulation of the impact of reforestation on winter meteorology and environment in a semi-arid urban valley, Northwestern China. Science of the Total Environment, 569–570: 404–415.
11) *Ye Yu, Jiang-lin Li, Jin Xie, Chuan Liu, 2016, Climatic characteristics of thunderstorm days and the influence of atmospheric environment in Northwestern China. Nat Hazards, 80:823–838.
12) Jianjun He, *Ye Yu, Yaochen Xie, Hongjun Mao, Lin Wu, Na Liu, Suping Zhao, 2016, Numerical Model-Based Artificial Neural Network Model and Its Application for Quantifying Impact Factors of Urban Air Quality. Water Air Soil Pollution, 227:235
13) FangkunWu, Ye Yu, Jie Sun, Junke Zhang, JianWang, Guiqian Tang, Yuesi Wang, 2016, Characteristics, source apportionment and reactivity of ambient volatile organic compounds at Dinghu Mountain in Guangdong Province, China. Science of the Total Environment, 548–549: 347–359.
14) Suping Zhao, Ye Yu, Daiying Yin, Jianjun He, Na Liu, Jianjun Qu, Jianhua Xiao, 2016, Annual and diurnal variations of gaseous and particulate pollutants in 31 provincial capital cities based on in situ air quality monitoring data from China National Environmental Monitoring Center. Environment International, 86:92–106.
15) Xing Chen, *Ye Yu, Jinbei Chen, Tangtang Zhang, Zhenchao Li, 2016, Seasonal and interannual variation of radiation and energy fluxes over a rain-fed cropland in the semi-arid area of Loess Plateau, northwestern China. Atmospheric Research, 176–177: 240–253.
16) Suping Zhao, Ye Yu *, Dunsheng Xia, et al., 2015, Urban Particle Size Distributions During Two Contrasting Dust Events Originating From Taklimakan And Gobi Deserts.Environmental Pollution, 207: 107-122.
17) Bo Wang, Dunsheng Xia, Ye Yu, et al., 2015, Detecting the Sensitivity of Magnetic Response on Different Pollution Sources - A Case Study From Typical Mining Cities in Northwestern China.Environmental Pollution, 207: 288-298.
18) Suping Zhao, Ye Yu*, Daiying Yin et al., 2015, Meteorological Dependence of Particle Number Concentrations in An Urban Area of Complex Terrain, Northwestern China.Atmospheric Research, 164–165 : 304–317.
19) Suping Zhao,Ye Yu *, Jianjun He, et al., 2015, Below-Cloud Scavenging of Aerosol Particles By Precipitation in A Typical Valley City, Northwestern China.Atmospheric Environment, 102:70-78.
20) J. Chen,Y. Hu,Y. Yu, et al., 2015, Ergodicity Test of The Eddy-Covariance Technique.Atmospheric Chemistry And Physics,15:9929–9944.
21) Dunsheng Xia, BoWang, Ye Yu, et al., 2014, Combination of Magnetic Parameters and Heavy Metals to Discriminate Soil-Contamination Sources in Yinchuan - A Typical Oasis City of Northwestern China.Science of The Total Environment, 485–486:83–92.
22) Suping Zhao, Ye Yu*, Daiying Yin et al., 2014, Ambient Particulate Pollution During Chinese Spring Festival in Urban Lanzhou, Northwestern China.Atmospheric Pollution Research , 5:335‐343.
23) Suping Zhao, Ye Yu*, Na Liu et al., 2014, Effect of Traffic Restriction on Atmospheric Particle Concentrations and Their Size Distributions in Urban Lanzhou, Northwestern China.Journal of Environmental Sciences, 26:362–370.
24) BoWang, Dunsheng Xia, Ye Yu, et al., Magnetic Properties of River Sediments and Their Relationship With Heavy Metals and Organic Matter in The Urban Area in Lanzhou, China.Environmental Earth Sciences, 2013, 70:605–614.
25) Na Liu, Ye Yu*, Jianjun He, et al., 2013, Integrated Modeling of Urban-Scale Pollutant Transport: Application in A Semi-Arid Urban Valley, Northwestern China.Atmospheric Pollution Research, 4:306‐314.
26) Jianjun He, Ye Yu*, Na Liu, et al., 2013, Numerical Model-Based Relationship Between Meteorological Conditions and Air Quality and Its Implication For Urban Air Quality Management.International Journal of Environment and Pollution, 53 (3/4):265-286
27) BoWang, Dunsheng Xia, Ye Yu, et al., 2013, Magnetic Records of Heavy Metal Pollution in Urban Topsoil in Lanzhou, China.Chinese Science Bulletin, 58(3): 384-395
28) Zhao Suping, Yu Ye*, He Jianjun, et al., 2012, Concentration and Size Distribution of Aerosol Particles During 2011 Spring Festival in Lanzhou.China Environmental Science, 32(11):1939-1947.
29) Zhao Suping,Yu Ye*,Chen Jinbei,et al. 2012, Size Distribution Properties of Atmospheric Aerosol Particles During Summer and Autumn in Lanzhou. Environmental Science,3(3):687-693.
30) Liu Na, Yu Ye*, Chen Jinbei, et al., 2012, A study on potential sources and transportation pathways of PM10 in spring in Lanzhou. Transactions of Atmospheric Sciences,35(4):477-486.
31) *Yu Y, SP Zhao, DS Xia, et al., 2011, Characteristics of aerosol particle size distributions in urban Lanzhou, north-western China.WIT Transactions on Ecology and the Environment,147:307-318.
32) Liu N, Y Yu, JB Chen, et al., 2011, Identification of potential sources and transport pathways of atmospheric PM10 using HYSPLIT and hybrid receptor modelling in Lanzhou, China. WIT Transactions on Ecology and the Environment, 147:59-70
33) Xia DS, Yu Y, Tian SL. 2011, Use of environmental magnetic techniques to monitor urban pollution origins in Lanzhou, Northwest China. Environmental Earth Sciences, 64(7): 1943-1949.
34) Chemel C, Sokhi RS, Yu Y. 2010, Evaluation of a CMAQ simulation at high resolution over the UK for the calendar year 2003. Atmospheric Environment, 44(24): 2927-2939.
35) *Yu Y, Sokhi RS, Kitwiroon N. 2008, Performance characteristics of MM5-SMOKE-CMAQ for a summer photochemical episode in southeast England, United Kingdom. Atmospheric Environment, 42(20): 4870-4883.
36) *Yu, Ye, Cai, Xiaoming, Qie, Xiushu. 2007, Influence of topography and large-scale forcing on the occurrence of katabatic flow jumps in Antarctica: Idealized simulations. Advances in Atmospheric Sciences, 24(5): 819-832
37) Yu, Ye, *Cai, Xiao-Ming. 2006, Structure and dynamics of katabatic flow jumps: Idealised simulations. Boundary-Layer Meteorology, 118(3): 527-555.
38) *Yu, Y, Cai, XM, King, JC, Renfrew, IA, 2005, Numerical simulations of katabatic jumps in Coats Land, Antarctica. Boundary-Layer Meteorology, 114(2): 413-437.
Prize & Honor